Sunday 21 July 2013

My top 11 travel essentials


We love to travel and more often than not , it is pretty much last minute decision. Whether its a long haul flight or a long road trip, I now have the 'essentials' packed in a simple pouch ready to grab and go whenever we want.



1. A comfy wrap / shawl, I once sat through a low frill airline from Delhi to Singapore almost freezing and had a nasty cold all through the trip thanks to over enthusiastic air conditioner . After that no matter what the season is I always always carry a shawl with me. Even in car my husband likes to keep temperature around 20 degrees and i definitely need it then.

2. Ear plugs : crying babies, loud group going to bangkok for  bachelor / hen party, ear plugs are really life savers, plug and sleep.

3. Lip balm : No one wants chapped lips, especially in the drying environment of planes

4. Mints : Better than chewing gums for the ear popping times , also general time pass

5. Cotton pads :  clean, wipe ...you need them all the time

6. Simple hair band : to keep my extremely unruly hair in somewhat manageable space

7. Disposable emery board filer : I never get time to sit file my nails on a normal day, i use this time to 'beautify' myself.  Well groomed hands are so important

8. Sanitizer :Two words ..Public Toilets

9. Water :  You need to hydrate yourself all the time.

10. Hand cream : Too much air condition makes my hand super dry, i need to keep rubbing this all over all the time.

11. Pen : At one point i always had a pen with me , now with all the smart phones / tablets, pens are getting rather obsolete. Often while filling up a immigration form there would be ten people and one pen so i this again becomes an essential.


Well, this is my list, what are your essentials ?  Things you really cant travel without ?

6 comments:

  1. I carry all those things too, I also bring a first aid kit I make up with bandaids, and over the counter stuff like advil etc. I also bring a travel sewing kit as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie great idea , i will remember to add band aids in my kit now on

      Delete
  2. My list is much longer just going around town, but I have a 5 year old. Seriously, my purse has everything on your list (except the shawl and water, but I always have something with me), plus pain reliever and sinus medication for both me and the kid and snacks for him like nutrigrain bars and fruit snacks. Shove something in a whiney kids mouth and you don't need the ear plugs, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey , i have seen my sis traveling with her toddler half is their luggage is baby stuff , its a different ball game when you travel with kids :) , quiet a task to engage a 5 year old all the time !

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of a shawl. I also have allergy medicine, snacks (because of said allergies), and knitting supplies or drawing supplies. I've got to keep my hands busy when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina , i try to sleep or read ..but i like the idea of knitting ..about time to start on new hobby :)

      Delete

Total Pageviews