Tuesday 27 August 2013

Easy weekday dinner - Baked Broccoli


It was just one of those days, back to back calls, meetings emails and skipped lunch , by the time I reached home I swear I could have eaten anything , but there was nothing remotely interesting in fridge.
I wanted to make something fast, easy and filling . now I am not a fan of broccoli but everything tastes good with cheese so I thought of making baked broccoli.

Here is my version

Slice up one large potato real thin - I didn't even bother to peel, just washed nicely.

Layer it in the baking pan , grill it on high setting in microwave for a min (I have LG convection microwave which has plenty of features like grill, bake, auto cook etc).

Next, thinly slice cloves. chop broccoli in small florets, arrange this on top of potatoes, sprinkle salt and pepper, grate cheese ( lots of !) on top of this mix and for something crunchy I just crushed some cereals ( breakfast corn flakes on top)

Back in the microwave ( you can use normal oven 200 degree centigrade for 20 mins) on 'auto cook gratin' setting.

15 mins later, with a glass of red wine, I had the perfect dinner with me .

Now bring on the Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews