Sunday 26 January 2014

Spring decor

This weekend I cleaned house for all things winter. Packed and stored away all 'winter home decor' mostly candles in all shapes and sizes (husband and I are obssessed with candles) , christmas decor , heavy curtains , any accent which was dark and moody. With all the cleaning done, I am now all set to welcome spring and summer. I spent most of my sunday evening looking for some inspiration for spring decor got some brilliant ideas to share with you all.



@Come Undone
Source 



Source


My home style this spring / summer would be

1. Natural - Bring nature in. Lots of flowers and greenery, I am going to buy fresh flowers (in season in expensive variety) and all the more better have some colorful pots with flower plants.

Source 

It need not be flower always, any thing green and fresh looks good


Source

Extra bonus, you get fresh herb for cooking inspirations.


2. Fresh smell - I know i mentioned that we stored away all the candles.  But i still have tons of small ones left outside  with very citrusy flowery notes and i am going to use it every where. And if you just have plain candle, here is a terrific idea to convert it into a scented one. All you need is lemon and rosemary !



Source 







3. Pastels : Turquoise, lemon, i am simply loving these color. Will be using them a lot a cushions and dinnerwares.

Source


Source



 I am also thinking of painting some of my walls (right now its all white) and i am looking here for spring color trends






4. Lighten and Brighten : easy breezy drapes, cool toned accessories. Also clean spaces, i have removed lots of accessories and i don't intend to replace. I am loving the clean totally uncluttered look.

Source





And as always there is an exception to the rule, if i somehow get my hands on these, i am definelty having this in my house this minute, even those its not pastle and it would mean adding new accessories :))
Source 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews